Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stimulis checks

corinnerichard
Level 3

In tax year 2019 my client was claimed as a dependent on his parent's tax year 2019,  although he filed his own tax return.   This year (tax year 2020) he is claiming himself  my question is on the recovery rebate  credit worksheet should I put down zero for both stimulis #1 check and stimulis #2 check not received?  If i do that will give him the refund, but I thought he was not qualified to receive it since he was claimed as a dependent in tax year 2019 please help to clear this up.

thank you

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

2020 is the eligible year...whomever claims the person in 2020 is entitled to the RRC for that person. 

Don't worry about 2019 or the advances received by other people.

If your client no longer qualifies as a dependent for tax year 2020, they are entitled to the RRC.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

2020 is the eligible year...whomever claims the person in 2020 is entitled to the RRC for that person. 

Don't worry about 2019 or the advances received by other people.

If your client no longer qualifies as a dependent for tax year 2020, they are entitled to the RRC.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
PATAX
Level 15

Is stimulis the Latin name for a stimulus organism?😃👍

0 Cheers
corinnerichard
Level 3

thank you lisa

0 Cheers