Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still waiting for 2019 refunds

Good afternoon, 

I still have two clients who have been waiting for months for a refund. The IRS refund tool says that they both are 'in process'. I know it has been a crazy year with 2020, but has there been any news from the IRS indicating that their customer service or advocate numbers might be staffed at a higher level anytime soon? It is just so frustrating that I haven't been able to help these clients. 

Thank you, and have a great day everyone.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Based on some of the other posts here, a phone call to the IRS asking about the status of the refund will sometimes get the ball rolling again.  

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

Based on some of the other posts here, a phone call to the IRS asking about the status of the refund will sometimes get the ball rolling again.  

Slava Ukraini!

Thank you! Do you know what might be the best number to call? The ones I tried a month or so ago all seemed to be dead ends. I did try to find something in the old posts, but there are soooooo many. 😉 

itonewbie
Level 15

PPS.  Best time would probably be early morning or late in the day.  Days after weekends and holidays tend to be busy with long hold time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

irsmemo.jpg

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪