Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State Tax Planners

Highlighted
Level 2

The Federal tax planner is amazing, but that is only half the equation. Why are we not able to have a state tax planner built out? I cannot be the only one with this issue??

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
7 Replies 7
Highlighted
Level 8

You are not alone.   It is in the Proseries Tax Idea Exchange.   If you can find it - give it a vote.

Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11

Not sure if all states for ProSeries have one, but for Wisconsin you can use the state estimated work sheet. It works very well, and I use it for several of my clients

Level 2

The only issue with this is I need the planner so I can feed the info into the estimated work-sheet.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

have you been using this solution? I still wonder why ProSeries would not make this available.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

I have been using BNA Income Tax Planner with 50 states for many years.

With Lacerte, I can export the tax return data to it. Federal works very well, state transfer usually requires some tweaking. There is a small up charge for this feature. I don't if it has the ability to do this with ProSeries.

ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 5

I learned years ago that PS doesn't care about the State returns.  They include them for financial gain. They know if States were not included the product won't sell as well.

0 Cheers