Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

state tax deadlines

EileenDC
Level 2

Right now, I am unable to efile and pay a Maryland income tax return for the payment due of July 15m, 2021.  The date in the program has not yet been updated to the new filing deadline and it gives me an error message When will the state deadlines be changed in the program?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
bill_heinz
Level 2

Can't file Massachusetts as well. 

Problem is no one addresses these issues on a timely basis. I don't want to have to manually change the letters and generate payment vouchers to be mailed in. Clients don't want that level of service. 

dascpa
Level 11

You ARE able to efile a Maryland 502 right now. If you're question is about doing direct debit payments then you will have to wait. ProSeries might update the program for the July 15th date prior to the April 15th release of the new 502LU or it might not  You'll just have to wait.

EileenDC
Level 2

You're right.  I just don't want to have to separate the filing from the electronic payment and keep track of all of these items.  On the list of state and federal updates, the new due dates are reflected, the federal program was updated a few days ago for the unemployment exclusion but no mention of the changes to state due dates within the program and when they would be changed.

IRonMaN
Level 15

So have them mail in a check.

Slava Ukraini!
dascpa
Level 11

I personally will not do direct debits.  I don't want the liability in case it fails. You're correct.  We all wish ProSeries would let us know when they plan on doing updates to specific changes. It will never happen. 

bill_heinz
Level 2

I am new to this forum, so I wrongly assumed that questions would be answered by someone affiliated with Proseries and I would get an meaningful answer. I believe we all know that we can manually change letters and instruct clients just to write a check, but that is not the purpose of buying expensive software. I, personally, have certain expectations of what we should be getting, the least being an answer as to when changes will be made in order to be able to give clients an explanation as to when they can expect a finished product. 

Just my opinion.

sjrcpa
Level 15

ProSeries/Intuit staff occasionally stop by here. That's all. 

The rest of us are users of the software who volunteer to answer questions/help our peers.

Welcome to the forum. A lot of times we can help.

We do not have insight as to when program fixes will be made.

Ex-AllStar
bd3
Level 2

April 18th, and I am having the same trouble.  Cannot efile Maryland return with a July 10th payment date.  When will Pro Series update its software to reflect the change?  See Comptroller's alert, top of page 2 https://marylandtaxes.gov/RELIEFAct/docs/TAX_ALERT_2021_EXTENSION_03-11-2021.pdf

0 Cheers