Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State Return E-Files: Received by Intuit, Then Crickets?

jofijohnjoseph
Level 7
Level 7

Anyone else experiencing issues with isolated state returns not moving beyond the "Received by Intuit" stage?  I have e-filed about 15 returns since Friday, all of the returns have gone through to the IRS and been accepted, ditto for most of the state returns. 

But about four state returns (different states) are still in the "Received by Intuit" stage, one since Friday.

Why is this?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

Sometimes Intuit will hold a return for a bit because of a known issue that hasn't been fixed yet.  Then they will reject the return.  Since you say multiple states, that would be odd if it was for that reason but it also could be that those states are overloaded and asked Intuit to slow things down for a bit.

Slava Ukraini!
jofijohnjoseph
Level 7
Level 7

Thanks. The returns in question are DC, VA, and CA.  For Virginia, at least one return I filed after the one still pending went through to the state and was accepted.  

Wasn't there a time when Intuit staff were on these boards and would chime in on these types of issues?  I appreciate your insight, but wish we could have an employee let us know what, if anything, is going on.

qbteachmt
Level 15

Today is both a Federal and State Holiday. I would wait to see what happens tomorrow.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
IRonMaN
Level 15

@jofijohnjoseph wrote:

Thanks. The returns in question are DC, VA, and CA.  For Virginia, at least one return I filed after the one still pending went through to the state and was accepted.  

Wasn't there a time when Intuit staff were on these boards and would chime in on these types of issues?  I appreciate your insight, but wish we could have an employee let us know what, if anything, is going on.

The moderators pretty much stay clear of this space and spend their time cross stitching or something equally important.  Orlando is an employee that is really helpful but this is out of his area of knowledge so I wouldn't bother him.  If the returns are still on hold for a couple of more days, then we can try plan B.  

As a side note, have you tried highlighting those returns and run an "update acknowledgements"  just to make sure that is their actual status on the Yellow Brick Road vs a glitch in not being updated?

Slava Ukraini!
jofijohnjoseph
Level 7
Level 7

Yes, I ran the update and there were no differences/discrepancies.  Thanks for the suggestion, though.

IRonMaN
Level 15

It was worth a shot.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Gail1
Level 2

I had 15 returns work just fine.  Then one sits at the "received by intuit" as was said.   Very frustrating! Why should the states have any hold up issues?   Would help if they let us know what is happening.  Received nothing!      Please help.