Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State Depreciation

wienky
Level 2

How do you print depreciation statements by asset for each state?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dkh
Level 15

ProSeries does not offer a state depreciation schedule.  You will need to use FAM or create a spreadsheet.     You can open each asset and print the Asset Entry Worksheet which includes the state depreciation information.

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
dkh
Level 15

ProSeries does not offer a state depreciation schedule.  You will need to use FAM or create a spreadsheet.     You can open each asset and print the Asset Entry Worksheet which includes the state depreciation information.

wienky
Level 2

Thank you

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

California has their own available in ProSeries, but not all states do.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dkh
Level 15

You are Welcome!   

Taxes-by-Rocky
Level 7

Given that the program has the info....one way or the other between the Federal and state modules....it would be nice if it the state information was available in all states....so we can spend less time reporting  on the modifications, where applicable, in the entity returns.

kgalland
Level 4

Proseries is really only for very basic returns. I've used it for 10+ years and am surprised by the cost increases that they haven't improved the software. That seems to be common for Intuit. Charge more and offer less. If the state information is included in the worksheets, how hard would it be to have the program generate a report? With all the headaches the last few years, has anyone switched to another tax software that offers more features and is a good alternative? I keep putting it off because I'm afraid of the time it would take to convert and learn a new program.

dkh
Level 15

Oh but look how wonderful Intuit was..... a request on the Idea Exchange for state depreciation was posted in Aug2020 - many commented and voted in agreement.  Then one day this request was implemented........oh wait  only if you are in one of their top ten states.   Funny CA was included because according to one of the comments in 2020 California already had state depreciation schedules.  hmmmmm very interesting.

Two year comparison for State return - Intuit Accountants Community 

PATAX
Level 15

@dkh @kgalland I guess Pennsylvania isn't in their top 10 states since I just finished return with a federal/state depreciation difference and I could not see a PA depreciation schedule that lists all the assets, and I had to print the individual asset entry worksheet to show the PA depreciation and how it differs from the Federal. Since they already have the state depreciation information as you guys have said, then why can't they just create a state depreciation schedule? I like to give clients copies of their depreciation schedules, so if they leave (God Willing 😉) they don't have to bother me for it..... Just my opinion.

rsgrobe
Level 1

It's disappointing that Pro-Series does not create a state depreciation schedule.  Pro-Series competition

does.  I'd suggest that Pro-Series programmers make this a priority so that state depreciation schedules

can be part of the software package we pay for.