Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

software update

rentaxlanc
Level 1

When updating software this morning, we got a message that had a yellow banner instead of blue & it read "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device?"  This is not the usual message which names Intuit as the publisher.  Am I compromised?  

After choosing the no response, message was "An error has occurred attempting to launch ProSeries Update.  Error Code 5 (Access Denied)

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
LG-CPA
Level 4

I got a similar "dire warning" from my Norton 360 - it appears that ProSeries didn't add the certificate or other security identifier that tells the anti-virus the update is okay.

My anti-virus refused to allow the 990 update entirely, but I don't need that right now.

0 Cheers
rentaxlanc
Level 1

This was to update my 1040 product, which I obviously need.  I have a call in to my computer tech, but working on yesterdays version for now.  I'm not very computer savvy, any ideas on how I fix this without compromising my data?

0 Cheers
LG-CPA
Level 4

There isn't anything you need to do - this is a ProSeries issue.  The update is supposed to contain a certificate to tell the anti-virus that everything is a-okay.  If you launched the update from within your ProSeries program, you should be confident that it is okay.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Major updates come out on Thursdays, wait until tomorrow and try again, maybe they'll have it fixed.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
kfccpa
Level 3

I launched from within ProSeries and it still didn't work go through the update process.

0 Cheers
LG-CPA
Level 4

Hmmm...time for a call to support!

0 Cheers
rentaxlanc
Level 1

Anything but that!!  The last time we called for support we were put on hold.  Hung in there for an hour & gave up!!  They had the call back number but never used it.  I find calling support is a worthless waste of time.  It's been particularly bad over the last couple of years.  

0 Cheers
IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

Hi rentaxlanc,

A program update has been released to resolve this issue.

You should now be able to update ProSeries without any issues. 

0 Cheers
kfccpa
Level 3

It did 🙂

0 Cheers