Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single with two dependent children. When i check head of household an error pops up in the middle initial block for the dependent?

jbowman
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

When you enter childrens info the error will go away 

0 Cheers
jbowman
Level 1

Thanks, the dependents names and ssn are entered in part 3.  If i try to enter it in part 2 another error arises saying don't enter info of dependent child shown below.  If i go from head of household to single everything clears but the tax consequences are different.   

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

whats the relationship youre choosing for the children?  and did you mark that the children lived with the taxpayer?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Do not enter in part 2 only part 3

jbowman
Level 1

natural children.  If i mark single no problem but more taxes owing.  if i mark head of household the blocks for non dependents light up.  The children are listed in part 3

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
there is no choice for natural children, are you marking son/daughter and in the very last column of the dependent table, choosing that they lived with the taxpayer, Code L?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers