Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent to State

YLC
Level 3

My Program is stating "Sent to State" for all electronically filed returns in the past week versus showing as "accepted".  Is this happening to anyone else and does that mean these clients state returns are out there in limbo?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

23 Comments 23
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Which state?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
mdtao31
Level 7

i was getting the same , but this morning all of

my maryland states have been accepted

regards, LARRY

johnoc
Level 3

My pro series professional program E File is reflecting Virginia returns 760 received by intuit but not reflecting sent to state or accepted. IRS was accepted quickly usually 1 day.

These returns were submitted February 13 and accepted by IRS same day.

Also, check Virginia dept of tax website and returns have not been received? 

Guessing it's an Intuit issue with States? E filed new tax returns last several days and VA returns accepted.

Called intuit. person indicated if not cleared in 5 business days to call back.

I have been a pro series professional user for 20 years. E filing for 10 years.

With delayed IRS opening e file, not sure what issue is?

YLC
Level 3

Maine

0 Cheers
YLC
Level 3

Mine are still showing "sent to State"; I have a feeling this is going to start causing me headaches with my clients!

0 Cheers
johnoc
Level 3

intuit update this am fixed individual Virginia issue. Have resubmitted.

Seems to have cleared up issue .

0 Cheers
ljsmith2
Level 4

Hello, I have one client that is in "Sent to State" (CALIF) limbo since e-filing on 2/25.

Most of my returns are California, so unsure why this is different. The rest are being accepted timely.

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I also have 2 stuck at Sent to State for CA since 2/25 and 2/26, I was just looking for a good phone number to call the FTB and see why these 2 are stuck....both are completely different types of returns/situations, I dont see any common denominator between the 2.

I know this doesnt help, but youre not alone!  Im going to try the FTB PPS number now and see if I can get lucky!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
it tells me the office is closed, theyre open from 8am to 5pm (its 8:08 now!) I tried chat earlier thats supposed to open at 7am and it told me that was closed as well....is it some kind of goofy state holiday today?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Spoke with FTB, their records show them as Rejected, but I cant get that to update in my acknowledgements!

@IntuitBettyJo   what can I do in this situation?  How do I get Intuit to kick them back to me?

0 Cheers
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Just-Lisa-Now- let me take a look and see what we can do.

-Betty Jo 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

So my 2 that are stuck DO have something in common on he state returns, they both have direct debit dates in April...whether this has anything to do with the issue, Im not sure.

If I can just get Intuit to bounce them back to me, Id get rid of that and make payment on the FTB website if thats the issue!

0 Cheers
ljsmith2
Level 4

I should mention that it was originally rejected prior to 2/25  wanting a work/home phone with box checked and verify banking info "if you are using direct debit".....This client has a balance due but was not using electronic withdrawal and the phone number was already listed. I had re-entered the phone, verified the bank info (even though not using) and e-filed again.

Appreciate all those chiming in with feedback.

YLC
Level 3

Mine have all cleared!!!  Good luck!

PATAX
Level 15

I have not encountered this yet... State returns usually take longer to accept than federal.... you may want to wait a little to see what happens... Just my opinion...

0 Cheers
ljsmith2
Level 4

California return was finally accepted!

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
maybe I'll get lucky today!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Mine came back accepted as well!   The guy at FTB was talking out his neck I guess, he said they showed as rejected on his end...hope the auto debits go through as scheduled and this doesnt turn into some kind of mess!

IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy to hear that! I apologize for my delay, I was out yesterday. 

-Betty Jo 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@IntuitBettyJo  I tagged you in a different post about someone not being able to Efile...they can convert, but the transmission fails...its not the PTIN verify box, we checked that...I know Ive seen this happen in the past, I cant remember what can cause this though...can you help trouble shoot this?

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/re-return-not-transmitt...

Keith1013
Level 1

i am having the same issue, but it's only been two days, and the IRS was accepted with an hour but California is still stuck in limbo

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Keith this is an old thread, but I have 3 stuck at CA since yesterday morning....many Ive sent since then have been accepted within hours.

0 Cheers
Chavel
Level 1

Same, my California returns are stuck.

0 Cheers