Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Proseries invoices to Quickbooks

dianefigg
Level 2

I have been having problems sending my invoices that I created on Proseries to Quickbooks.  The error says unable to find the correct version of Quickbooks.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

12 Comments 12
Fabian
Level 4

And what version (or versions) of QuickBooks do you have installed? ProSeries 2020 supports  QuickBooks 2019, QuickBooks 2020 and QuickBooks 2021.

dianefigg
Level 2

I am using Quickbooks 2020

0 Cheers
Fabian
Level 4

If you open Windows explorer and navigate to where your company files are (usually under Documents\QuickBooksCompanyFiles) and you double-click on the file that has your company file's name and extension ".qbw", is your computer launching QuickBooks 2020 and opening that company file? Or do you get the same error message as you saw in ProSeries?

0 Cheers
dianefigg
Level 2

I am able to open Quickbooks that way.  I just can't get Proseries to send the invoice it says that it cannot not find the correct version of Quickbooks.

0 Cheers
Fabian
Level 4

Your first step would have been to set up the "link" to your company file. When you did menu Tools->QuickBooks Billing/Customer Update->Set Preferences and clicked the "Browse" button and chose your company file, did you, at that time, not received the message that it couldn't find the correct version of QuickBooks?

Since then, did you re-install QuickBooks?

Is the menu Tools->QuickBooks Billing/Customer Update->Set Preferences still showing the right file and in the right location on your hard drive?

0 Cheers
dianefigg
Level 2

I did all of that.  Should I try and move my Quickbooks file to another directory.

0 Cheers
Fabian
Level 4

I'd say to change this setup to link to some other QuickBooks company file (make one up with fake data just for this experiment) and see if you can push your invoice data to that company file.

Then close/reopen ProSeries and change the setup back to your company file and try to push invoices again.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Should I try and move my Quickbooks file to another directory."

No; it's not just that one file that is used. QB has a relational database, so it is the .qbw + linked utility files.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
dianefigg
Level 2
That worked thank you very much.
0 Cheers
Yamilet
Level 1

I'm trying to create a Quickbooks Invoice from 2022 ProSeries to Quickbooks and is not working.

0 Cheers
cathybcpa
Level 3

I am having the same issue. It was working with 2021 Proseries but not with 2022. 

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

Hoping this article helps: Resolving QuickBooks Import errors
How to create invoices in QuickBooks from ProSeries
If not, feel free to post more information or screenshots of the error you're experiencing so we can research in a new thread. 

**Did this answer your questions? If so, select "Accept as solution".
0 Cheers