Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending multiple Email for info requests with Intuit Link in Pro Series

slenner
Level 2

How can I send a data request ( with Intuit link for Proseries) by email to more than one person.?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

If you are talking a general request that would apply to all clients you click on "Invitation Reminders" when in link, and type in your message. If you are talking about specific info from each client I believe you have to do that one at a time as far as I know, maybe someone knows a better way. 

slenner
Level 2

Thanks for your input. Let me clarify, If you invited the husband and he accepts, how can I also send a request to the wife, who was not originally invited. The husband and wife do not share emails. 

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@slenner wrote:

Thanks for your input. Let me clarify, If you invited the husband and he accepts, how can I also send a request to the wife, who was not originally invited. The husband and wife do not share emails. 

The short answer is no, you can't.

This is one of the most frequently requested features for Intuit Link, based on the questions we have seen over the years.  However, Intuit Link can only be associated with one email address (based on that person's Intuit account).

I supposed the limitation is by design because, unlike QBO or PTO, which are firm-based products that involve multiple users, Intuit Link was designed with individuals in mind.  What Intuit did not take into account is that you could have two spouses needing access to Link separately to provide information on the same return.  Unfortunately, we haven't seen any indication that Intuit is planning to change that anytime soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
dbarker
Level 2

Hello,

Would you happen to have any information on the ability to add request templates in Intuit Link? You used to be able to add to templates containing multiple requests to a single clients portal, but that is no longer available. You can now only add 1 request at a time.

Thanks, 

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@dbarker  Yours is an unrelated question.  Please start a new thread of your own and someone may be able to help you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@itonewbie wrote:

@dbarker  Yours is an unrelated question.  Please start a new thread of your own and someone may be able to help you.

Ah, I see that you did already.

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
lebb
Level 1

Might you be able to split the return into MFS in order to create a dummy file to use to send the request?

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@lebb wrote:

Might you be able to split the return into MFS in order to create a dummy file to use to send the request?

If you do that, you will end up with requests under two separate client accounts that you will need to consolidate.  Worse still, if you are actually preparing a MFJ return and both spouses provide data to you under these separate accounts, you will likely incur a lot of unproductive time reconciling, collate, and following up for data.

In fact, if all you want to do is to generate separate requests to the other spouse under a different account, you don't even need to create a MFS return in PS.  You can simply go into Intuit Link, create a new client, send an invitation from there, and manage your requests, all within Intuit Link.

Still an AllStar