Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selling a rental property

Marjorie S
Level 3

I have all the particulars but there is no place to enter the prior depreciation to recapture

I am not getting any error report for this return

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Enter all of the info into an asset entry worksheet and report the sale there.  It's as simple as learning to tie your shoes.  Well, for most folks anyway -------- some of us had trouble learning how to tie our shoes.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

Enter all of the info into an asset entry worksheet and report the sale there.  It's as simple as learning to tie your shoes.  Well, for most folks anyway -------- some of us had trouble learning how to tie our shoes.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The program will do the heavy lifting for you and move things to where they should go if you enter the disposition information in the asset entry worksheet.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Marjorie S
Level 3

Thank You for your prompt answer

I was able to solve my problem

0 Cheers
Marjorie S
Level 3

Thank you for your prompt answer.

You helped solve my problem!

IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm glad you got things figure out!

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
rftax815
Level 1

Rental Property is in NY and client lives in GA.  Client paid NYS estimated tax on the sale at closing.  Is that considered a selling expense

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

state taxes paid is not a selling expense

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪