Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security software

Rick1725
Level 3

Does anyone have advice or experience with security software and how it interacts or interferes with ProSeries. Specifically, I am most interested in Kaspersky, Bitdefender, or Avast.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

10 Comments 10
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I used to use Nortons 360, never had any issues.  Im using ESET now, still no issues.  Im not familiar with the ones you mentioned, sorry.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

I also use Norton, as it is regarded as one of the top Security software out there. Norton also gives you a double firewall. See this link for Norton vs ESET: 

https://www.safetydetectives.com/comparison/eset-vs-norton/

itonewbie
Level 15

There's always a chance that any antivirus/internet security software may interfere with the operation of ProSeries (or other applications, for that matter).  You may like to refer to this Intuit article for how you may need to configure your antivirus software to whitelist ProSeries: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/systems-performance/help/configuring-anti-virus-software-to-...

As for which security software is best, that's sometimes a matter of perspective and it often depends on the user's technical knowledge, as some offer more finite control than others, which novices may not want to tinker with.  In terms of reliability and robustness, you may like to refer to the industry-recognized test results from AV-Test: https://www.av-test.org/en/?r=1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
When my last system that was using Nortons on crashed, my IT guy came and ran some kind of diagnostics on it and found a handful of infected files that Nortons missed and never quarantined, he suggested ESET so I switched.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Rick1725
Level 3

Thanks. I've heard Norton conflicts with Proseries. I've also  heard good things about ESET in general. What's your experience with ESET and ProSeries? Thanks

0 Cheers
Rick1725
Level 3

Thanks. I've looked at both links. 

Rick1725
Level 3

Thank you. 

kevinbrown
Level 1

I have done both Norton and eset Antivirus but I think eset Antivirus is the best. If there is any problem with eset then contact us eset Antivirus Support

kevin brown
0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

Be careful - any anti-virus software can conflict with Windows 10 built-in anti-virus software. Took me three months, multiple computer companies and I only found it out (myself) after searching over a thousand online posts. Make sure it is set up properly.

Heard rumors Kaspersky was foreign backed and may have led to intrusion into systems. It's been awhile and haven't really followed that news.

PATAX
Level 15

Excellent advice... I would just add, if it is possible, try not to use the computer that your tax software is on for anything except tax returns. if you only access Pro Series , then it would be harder for a virus to infect your computer.... Just my opinion...