Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second Stimulus Payment received in 2021

ScottK
Level 2

My client received his second stimulus payment on January 4, 2021.  Do I still enter the amount on line 19 in the 2020 return? He never received a 1444 Notice for either stimulus payment.

Thank you.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
PATAX
Level 15
  • The second stimulus payment is run through the 2020 return just like the first stimulus payment. Many clients are not bringing in the 1444 letters.. They may have lost them or who knows... it doesn't matter whether they bring the letter into you or not you still have to run both correct payments received through the applicable worksheet...just my opinion....
IRonMaN
Level 15

My version of the software has boxes for two payments.  Since a lot of my clients received two payments I tend to use both boxes.  It seems to be working pretty well doing that.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Iron Man wouldn't it be logical to assume that all versions of the software have two boxes for each of the two payments on the applicable EIP worksheet..or are you being less than serious?🤓👍

IRonMaN
Level 15

Well, when you start breaking down the word assume, you know what happens😮

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Iron Man. yeah someone told me that years ago... That individual turned out to be the first three letters of that word... God forgive me...

ScottK
Level 2

Thank you very much!

0 Cheers