Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule L Balance Sheet

jake1
Level 3

New to proseries and I am unable to get the ending balance of my assets to automatically populate. I have entered the beginning balances and checked to enter on the balance sheet. The prior year ending accumulated depreciation comes over in the current year (10b) and the current year depreciation is not included, but is listed on page 1 of the 1120S....odd. 10a is also blank. I know I am missing something, thank you in advance

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
dkh
Level 15

Good morning @jake1 ,   go to the Schedule L , line 10a or 10b then right click for options.  Select the last one "About Sch L, 10b(a)" .  You will get instructions which will tell you how to auto populate these items.

I had to do the select and click twice before the instructions popped up.

IRonMaN
Level 15

To be honest, I've never used the feature.  I always have a balance sheet or trial balance ready prior to preparing the return so I just plink in the numbers as I go.

Slava Ukraini!
jake1
Level 3

Thank you both. I was able to find the box in "entry mode" it was under additional information

KDL
Level 1

I am still looking for the "box" to transfer asset/accumulated depreciation information to BS, is there a screenshot you could share? I know it is there but cannot find it LOL

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Go to Schedule L line 10a or 10b   - then right click which will open a box - select last line  About Schl L 10(a)(b).   It will open window with instructions on how to populate automatically.

Screenshot (3).png 

KDL
Level 1

Thanks! it worked !!! 

0 Cheers