Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule C State Payroll Taxes

me-carney
Level 3

Can a single member LLC that files a Schedule C deduct the employer portion of employee's state wages? 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

11 Comments 11
dascpa
Level 11

Why wouldn't any entity be allowed to deduct gross payroll and employer payroll taxes (FICA/FUTA/SUI)?  It's an ordinary and necessary business expense.  Please respond with a reason you think they should not be deducting this,

me-carney
Level 3

I don't think that they shouldn't.  I was checking to make certain that state employer taxes are deductible.  I know federal are...  I checked regulations and couldn't find anything specific to state employer payroll tax deductions for a Schedule C. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

What employer portion of state wages?  Theres state unemployment...what else doe the employer pay to state?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
me-carney
Level 3

Unemployment and disability

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The employee pays the disability, not the employer.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Why specific to a Schedule C ?   Deductibility would be same for any business regardless of entity classification.   Schedule C, SCorp, Multi Member LLC, Partnerships.     Gross Wages + employer FICA match + federal and state unemployment taxes

qbteachmt
Level 15

Is the Business Owner also the person getting paid through Payroll?

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
me-carney
Level 3

No.

0 Cheers
me-carney
Level 3

According to payroll reports there is an employer contribution portion of disability.

0 Cheers
me-carney
Level 3

Income tax is not deductible for a sole proprietorship so I was simply asking about state employer payroll tax as I could not find the regulation.

0 Cheers
me-carney
Level 3

New Jersey workers and employers contribute to the cost of the temporary disability program. The contribution rate for employers varies from 0.10% to 0.75%.