Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule C Self-Employed health insurance deduction

Bud72
Level 2

I can't get the Schedule C Self-Employed health insurance to transfer to the Schedule i Line 16 - Self Employed health insurance deduction.  Instead, the deduction goes to the Schedule A Medical Deduction.  What am I missing?  Thanks. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The Sch C has net profit?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

or look for the SEHI Worksheet and follow the money

(I have no clue why that capital letter G is there in front of Keep for Your Records, Ive got them scattered randomly around my program screens on my home computer program install)

sehi worksheet.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Bud72
Level 2

The deduction flows from Schedule C to the 'Self-Employed Health and Long-Term Care Insurance Deduction Worksheet' and then to the Schedule A Medical deduction in lieu of line 16 on Schedule 1.  Self-Employed worksheet Line 2 of part C for the net profit is blank and I get a zero percent on line 4.  I'm missing a trigger somewhere.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@Bud72 wrote:

Self-Employed worksheet Line 2 of part C for the net profit is blank and I get a zero percent on line 4.  I'm missing a trigger somewhere.

Does the Schedule C that you entered it on have a profit?

Have you gone through the error check to make sure all errors are taken care of?

Is there other self employment by this taxpayer, with losses that exceed the profit from this Schedule C?

Ephesians3-14
Level 8

Does the taxpayer have an IRS Form 1095-A that is linking to the Sch C?