Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule C- New Form 1099 NEC

athaureaux6
Level 8

Why they have not included the field to enter the income from 1099 C in Part I of the schedule C since most of the self employed will receive the new 1099 NEC. I am assuming they are going to update it but I have not heard about it. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Its early, and they will probably have something by Jan. If you notice they took out box 7 on 1099misc

athaureaux6
Level 8

Thank you Terry

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You dont need the 1099 to report Sch C income, just enter all business income on Line 1 of the Sch C (since most self employed people have income in addition to the 1099 anyhow), as long as all income gets reported, that's all thats needed.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
athaureaux6
Level 8

I am sorry but surely you need them. Otherwise, your independent contractors will input whatever they feel like in Line 1. In addition too, it is a mess if the amount you report do not match what the employers are going to send to the IRS. I have never heard anybody saying you do not need the Form 1099 Misc., now the new 1099 NEC. But thank you anyway. 

0 Cheers
athaureaux6
Level 8

Line 1 is designed to income it is not included in any form. I understand that if you put the right amount in Line 1 it is calculated accurate but there is a reason why they divide the origin of the business income. That is just my opinion, Thank you. 

0 Cheers