Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule C for auto expenses with W-2 income only

ingridsorenson
Level 3

I have 2 new clients, both are W-2 employees but expenses mileage on a Schedule C. I have never seen this and feel it's not correct. Any opinions

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

It ain't correct -------- that's why you have never seen it.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
IRonMaN
Level 15

It ain't correct -------- that's why you have never seen it.

Slava Ukraini!
ingridsorenson
Level 3

Thank you. Been doing this for a long time and questioned my knowledge. I had two separate clients file their 2019 that way. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

They must be using the same barber or their old tax preparer used that barber.

Slava Ukraini!
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Just tell them that you prepare returns correctly to keep your clients and yourself out of trouble. If they wish you to work with them, they must agree to those terms. If they don't agree that should be all you need to know about whether you want them as clients.

ingridsorenson
Level 3

Thank you. That's the only way I do business and I have awesome clients. It just perplexed me because I saw this in 2 days with 2 different (new) clients. For a moment I thought maybe I missed something somewhere.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
did they both come from the same preparer? Is that preparer no longer in business anymore?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
ingridsorenson
Level 3

That would actually make sense. One came from an established EA the other self prepared.

PATAX
Level 15

Wow ..... a real Nikola Tesla Junior there...😃

ingridsorenson
Level 3

😂