Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule C asset removal

Click
Level 3

What is the best (proper) way to handle the closure of a Schedule C which operated through year-end 2018, but not in 2019? Do I dispose of each asset as of 1/1/2019 and then remove the 2019 Schedule C from the formset?  Or just remove the Schedule C, figuring that the associated assets are then "disappeared" by ProSeries, since there is no tax event with a transfer to personal ownership?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

Print out depreciation report and keep in their file if the asset is sold in the future after business is closed.  Otherwise you can delete Schedule C and attached forms.

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

Print out depreciation report and keep in their file if the asset is sold in the future after business is closed.  Otherwise you can delete Schedule C and attached forms.

Click
Level 3

Very simple, as I had hoped.  Thanks for the confirmation. I had not thought of printing out the asset schedule for the client's permanent folder, but that is a great idea.

0 Cheers