Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving 2019 tax return generated from 2018 tax return

ssaibebee
Level 2

I completed the 2019 tax return using the transfered 2018 tax return and clicked save.  However, in my hard drive, "19Data" file showing as follow:

19 ~2018 xxxxxx 1040 Indivdule Tax Return.19i.cache

How to fix this to appear as 2019 xxxxx 1040 ........?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

From your regular HomeBase view, right click on the client file and choose Rename and give it an appropriate file name.   The file name will end in .19i so no need to include the tax year in the file name itself.

(ProSeries will automatically assign the first 4 letters of the last name and the last 4 of the taxpayer SSN, for a new client file.... so you may want to use that same naming system for all files)

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

that tilde ~ symbol means a temporary file....did you name that 2018 file with 2018 in the file name?  You shouldnt put the tax year in the actual file name, since you'll be using the same file year after year.

0 Cheers
ssaibebee
Level 2

Thanks for your rapid replay.  the 2018 file was transferred from trubotax and buy defult turbotax name it as 2018.

0 Cheers
ssaibebee
Level 2

Please excuse inadvertent auto corrects and typos.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

From your regular HomeBase view, right click on the client file and choose Rename and give it an appropriate file name.   The file name will end in .19i so no need to include the tax year in the file name itself.

(ProSeries will automatically assign the first 4 letters of the last name and the last 4 of the taxpayer SSN, for a new client file.... so you may want to use that same naming system for all files)

ssaibebee
Level 2

Thanks a million!!!!!!!!!!