Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save Custom Home Base View

rob1125
Level 2

My question is how to save a custom home based view? save view is not highlighted and therefore is not an option.  Save As and Rename in the 1040 Home Base view are locked into Form 1120 and give you no option. You "save as" or "rename" the view and you  end up renaming the Form 1120 view.  Please advise if you can.

PLEASE NOTE: ProSeries Support is very irritating.  They try to direct you the community board of previously asked questions.  Not once in three years have I found my question in the community.  I tried today with no success.  So then I called the support number that Intuit tries to hide, waited an hour for a call back and then dealt with an uniformed support person. We eventually got disconnected and she has not called me back.  Now I am instructed to wait another hour. Very unsatisfactory.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I just opened the 1120S Homebase View (I dont have the 1120 installed), on the top toolbar clicked Homebase> Column Headings, made changes and then top menu bar Homebase > Save View and named the new view.

What are you doing thats different?

Remember you cant customize columns in the EFCenter, so if that's what you're truing to do, it wont work.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

I tried it and it saved the view without any issues.

"MOST OF THE CONTENT POSTED TO THE SITE IS PROVIDED BY REGISTERED THIRD PARTIES NOT AFFILIATED WITH INTUIT. SUCH THIRD-PARTY CONTENT IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PERSON ORIGINATING THAT CONTENT. YOU AGREE THAT INTUIT DOES NOT CONTROL, AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY FOR THIS THIRD-PARTY CONTENT. ADDITIONALLY, YOU AGREE THAT INTUIT IS NOT LIABLE FOR, AND YOU SHALL INDEMNIFY AND HOLD INTUIT, AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, AGENTS, MODERATORS AND EMPLOYEES HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIM, INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES, MADE BY ANY THIRD PARTY RELATING TO OR ARISING OUT OF CONTENT YOU SUBMIT, POST, TRANSMIT OR MAKE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, YOUR USE OF THE SITE, YOUR VIOLATION OF THE TERMS OF USE OR YOUR VIOLATION OF ANY RIGHTS OF ANOTHER."

Slava Ukraini!
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

First thing I do after loading is save two custom views in each module.  One, for example I call 1040-In house....for those files that we have info in our building (which we note by clicking the RED exclamation point at the top and putting 'IN HOUSE" in the information needed. I click on the column for the RED Exclamation Point..it brings all of those to the top of the homebase view... and save.

And the second one, we call 1040-Completed, I click on the Client Status heading until "TO CLIENT" is the status at the top...and save accordingly.  "TO CLIENT" is the last status update we do in ProSeries, as we do the billing, etc on our regular software system.

So we end up with 3 views... Alphabetical--In House--Completed, for each module.

sure helps on knowing what to work on next also.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
Taxprohere
Level 7

The 2020 program works a little differently than prior years.  When you add/edit custom views under the Homebase toolbar option, you get a slew of all the column headers, but at the bottom of that popup window is a save button.

What I am trying to do with one of my custom views is slide [client number] to the first column but it won't take.  It seems [client name] has to precede that.

My custom view!  I want my view.😞

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
In the HB screen, drag and drop (grab them by the header) the columns into whatever order you want.

0 Cheers
Taxprohere
Level 7

Hi JLN, tried that....I can rearrange all the other columns any which way, just can't get any other column (except file name which I don't want), to precede [client name]. Weird!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ahhh, I see what you mean...I dont have a solution for you, sorry. I dont use Client numbers, but I tried to slide the phone number in front of name and its a no go.