Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SALE OF INHERITED HOME THAT IS NOT A MAIN HOME (FORM IN ;IEU OF FORM 8949).

Graceful17
Level 1

MY CLIENT'S SPOUSE SOLD AN INHERITED REAL ESTATE PROPERTY THAT IS NOT HER MAIN RESIDENCE.  DO YOU STILL USE FORM 8949 OR ANOTHER FORM?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
George4Tacks
Level 15

PATIENCE! Wait for a response to your first question.  

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-discussions/discussion/sale-of-inherited-real-esta...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

enter on Schedule D... then will flow to the 8949

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
Graceful17
Level 1

Basically, what I need is information concerning where, on Schedule D do I enter the inherited real estate transaction.  Mostly, I see entries for sale of stock/mutual funds sales, and not for 1099-S information,  I need specific line item entry direction.  I realize this is a basic inquiry.  However, I desire to enter the information correctly.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Enter it the same as for a stock transaction. In this case you will choose "not reported on 1099-B"

Ex-AllStar