Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Review function

mappp
Level 4

Is anyone else having problems with the "Review" function.  My return is finished and I'm trying to review, but it just keeps toggling between the Errors and Omissions screen and the Electronic Filing screen.  Never gets to Diagnostic or shows any of the question/verifications.  Just started today.  I've updated the program and also reloaded.  No help.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I feel like we saw that happen for a period of time last season too but I cant remember why.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
mappp
Level 4

Lisa,

You're right.  It did happen last tax season too.  And I can't remember how it got solved either!

deannas
Level 2

Yes I'm having this issue as well.  Did you get it resolved?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Do you have 1099NEC entered in the return?  Try deleting that and just enter the income directly on Sch C.   See if that gets rid of the goofy diagnostic loop.

I feel the like last year it was the 1099MISC for NEC that made this happen.

0 Cheers
deannas
Level 2

Yes and I do on most of my tax returns. Won't that cause an issue with the IRS matching if you don't enter the 1099-NEC?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

No, IRS is only looking for total income on Sch C to match up with the total income on the 1099NECs that have been reported to them by the payers, they don't cross match the actual 1099NEC forms to the return, just the total dollar amounts.  Ive never once in 25 years entered a 1099MISC/NEC into the program, I always input total income on Sch C.

Or just ignore the diagnostic loop and leave the return as is. If you dont see any more red marks in the Forms in Use list, you should be good to go.

0 Cheers
deannas
Level 2

Yes and most of my tax returns contain at least one 1099NEC. Won't that cause an issue with the IRS matching if you don't enter the 1099-NEC?

0 Cheers
mappp
Level 4

OR Tech Support could fix this issue.  I've always entered 1099-MISC's (now 1099-NEC too) and would prefer to continue to do that.  There are other threads regarding this same issue.  Is there a way to get this to Tech Support's attention.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Orlando   I feel like this has been reported but Im not sure where or whos in charge of this.

It happened last year as well, so you guys should be able to get it fixed up the same way as before!

Review gets stuck in a loop when the 1099NEC is included (it was the 1099MISC last year)

0 Cheers