Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns Marked Final Still Carry Forward

aandrews
Level 1

Hi all,

I have been cleaning up our ProSeries homebase and realized that there are so many returns that keep carrying forward despite being marked final in the prior year (or even several years ago).

Does anyone know how to get these to stop going forward into new ProSeries programs, or is this a glitch in the program?

Thank you!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
sjrcpa
Level 15

Don't pro forma them.

Or if 2019 is not needed, delete it.

Ex-AllStar
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You're the one choosing to bring them into the current year.   

I only transfer into the current year when they come in for their appointment

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Accountant-Man
Level 12

Marking the non 1040s as Final means nothing to the software.

I mark them Final in the client status sheet in the client number and use the Home Base columns so I know which ones not to pro forma. I also do this for 1040s.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
Taxes-by-Rocky
Level 7

The "Transfer" function should look to a "check box" column in HomeBase to determine which files to transfer to next year instead of making once dig through software file names.

Alternatively, put a "FINAL" check box in the Federal Information Worksheet to prevent the file from being transferred to next year.

Now where is that link to the Tax Idea Exchange? 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Taxes-by-Rocky wrote:

The "Transfer" function should look to a "check box" column in HomeBase to determine which files to transfer to next year instead of making once dig through software file names.

Alternatively, put a "FINAL" check box in the Federal Information Worksheet to prevent the file from being transferred to next year.

Now where is that link to the Tax Idea Exchange? 

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-idea-exchange/idb-p/603

But the transfer option is looking at the windows folder than contains the prior year data files, so I dont see how any tax program changes will be able to change which data files appear in the Transfer window.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Taxes-by-Rocky
Level 7

Same way an existing file knows it should not be overwritten??

Don't know.  Perhaps the transfer window should be looking to the selection in HomeBase, and not the prior year files themselves.  I think we need an intervening App.

0 Cheers