Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return will not e-file

suzanned
Level 2

I am trying to e-file a return but it will not transmit.  I get no error messages.  I have re-started the computer, updated the software, all to no avail. Any ideas?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

So from the EFCenter you can get the file to Convert, but when you choose to Transmit, nothing happens or you get a message or ....?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
suzanned
Level 2

Yes, it converts but will not transmit.  I have uploaded the updates, refreshed the updates, tried to e-file from both inside the return and from home base- nothing. And no message

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ugh, sounds like you've done all the things I would have suggested.   

You can try one more thing before reinstalling the program.

Exit Proseries, restart the computer, don't start up Proseries but go to the Windows Programs menu and use REPAIR updates.

If that doesn't work, I think uninstall/rename/reinstall may be your only other option (aside from calling support). The rename part is important, you don't want it to just install into the same folder, that can leave the bad file or registry entry that's causing the issue.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/uninstall-rename-and-reinstall-intuit-pro...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
suzanned
Level 2

Okay, I was able to e-file a different return over the weekend with no issues. So the problem must be specific to this return.  Any ideas?  I have run error checks; no errors.  Is there anything within the data that will cause it not to e-file?

0 Cheers
suzanned
Level 2

Problem solved by the wonderful technician!  It took awhile, but it turned out that the attachment I was sending with the return had more than 20 characters in the file name. When we changed it, the return was transmitted!!! Random, but I'm very grateful I did not have to re-install everything:)

btks
Level 2

Thank you for posting your solution.