Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Return Sent to State" still showing in EF Center under EF Status

Birdie Man
Level 2

I am still showing "Return Sent to State" in the EF Center in the EF Status column for several returns that were filed on the 15th of Feb. 2020.  Does this mean it has been accepted?  How long does it take for the State to accept it?  It did not take this long last year for the State to accept the return.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

12 Comments 12
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
which state? There are some issues with a few states.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
PATAX
Level 15

Some states take longer than other states to accept the returns. The acknowledgement will say that the return was accepted.

TaxBandit
Level 3

I went into the e-file center, highlighted the returns that I did not get confirmation for, then selected at the top E-File, Electronic filing, Update acknowledgement status of select returns.  This fixed the efile listing for me.

Birdie Man
Level 2

It is for New Mexico as of right now...that is where I am based out of but have clients in other states as well.

0 Cheers
Birdie Man
Level 2

I have done that a number of times and still says the same thing.  There is a good possibility the NM is behind but was curious if it might have had something to do with the program and wanted to see if any others out there were encountering the same issue.

0 Cheers
John_0
Level 2

I am also from New Mexico, returns status not changed from Sent to state.  Another CPA firm also has issues with a different software.  I cant find anything on the state website

Birdie Man
Level 2

Thank you! I have not been able to find anything either...definitely frustrated as I always like to get the returns completed in a timely fashion and can't seem to get any answers.  If I do get some answers, I will be sure to post what info I obtain here.

0 Cheers
kap600
Level 2

I have the same issue with NJ.  The US and NY accepted.  NJ status is still "sent to state".  I can't find anything on the internet of NJ Dept of Taxation website indicating slowed processing.  In fact, they indicate processing is going well.  Anyone in the Garden State have inside info?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ive seen many complaints about NJ slow acks, try this....Highlight the return in the EFCenter, then use this option
 updateacks.png

0 Cheers
kap600
Level 2

Thanks Lisa.  Good suggestion.  Yes, I've been using that and was very disappointed to see the "sent to state" status still shows.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Theres a few states that havent started processing yet, you may want to check your states website to see if they are one of them.

kap600
Level 2

Good point!  According to their website, NC started accepting on Jan 27.  tks

0 Cheers