Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return rejected for self employed health insurance?

Lukepccpa
Level 3

Anybody else get this reject?

Error Detail:
Your federal return was rejected due to an issue with Self-Employed Health Insurance Deduction on Schedule 1: Additional Income and Adjustments to Income

Error Resolution:
Updates to the Self-Employed Health and Long-Term Care Insurance Deduction Worksheet are estimated to be completed by 4/30/21. Ensure only premiums made by the Taxpayer are accounted for on . Premium Tax Credits should not be included in deductible medical expenses on 1040 Schedule 1, Line 16.

I did not link the Form 1095-A to the Schedule C or F, so there shouldn't be anything flowing from the 1095-A to the worksheet.  Only entered what the client actually paid on the worksheet.

What stinks is ProSeries still lets the return pass final review and then this reject happens.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
catty0405
Level 2

It just happened to me. Exact same thing. I can't find any information about this.

To me, it is embarrassing to have to go back to the client and say "oops--we can't file for two more weeks."  

Lukepccpa
Level 3

I agree, it is embarrassing.  I'm getting tired of being made to look incompetent because of the shortcomings of ProSeries software.

Susana5
Level 1

Same thing happened to me today, amd I didn't understand what it meant.  It isn't explained anywhere.  For what I just read in the above answers it is a system error, that Proseries will fixed in April 30th and didn't tell us?  So I have to wait to re-send this income tax?

The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

I need to follow this discussion.  Please post additional info on this.

0 Cheers