Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

return rejected efin not registered for modernized e-file

egerolacpa
Level 2

Hello,

I am new to this, and could use help.  A return I submitted was rejected by the IRS do to "the EFIN used to transmit this return is not registered EFIN to e-file 1040 Modernized e-file returns with the IRS." 

Thank you. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

15 Comments 15
IRonMaN
Level 15

Do you have a valid EFIN?

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Is this the first return you've Efiled?  Do you have an EFIN?  Have you uploaded the application summary or acceptance letter to Intuit so they can update your license?

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/what-to-submit-for-efin-verification/00/4...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
egerolacpa
Level 2

Thanks for the replies.  I checked my profile under TAX PREP CREDENTIALS, and it says "Approved. ***123" under EFIN VERIFICATION.  Does this confirm that I have a valid/verified EFIN? 

egerolacpa
Level 2

Also, yes, this is my first return I've e-filed. 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I think you should start here and see if this helps at all.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/register-your-efin-with-proconnect-tax-on...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
egerolacpa
Level 2

Thanks Lisa.  I did confirm my EFIN was verified and approved by Intuit.  I'm wondering if there's another step with the IRS? I'll review the link you provided. Thank you. 

itonewbie
Level 15

@egerolacpaAre you using PTO or ProSeries.  The article Lisa sent you is for PTO but EFIN works the same way whichever Intuit ProConnect product you use.

You may also want to check that your firm info matches what you have for EFIN.  If your firm info, which pulls onto the return under the Paid Preparer section, does not match the IRS' record for EFIN, the returns you e-file may be rejected.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
egerolacpa
Level 2

@itonewbieThank you. I did confirm my info matches that of IRS records.  I checked my Tax Prep Credentials and it says the information matched. 

The error stems from the fact that my EFIN is not registered to e-file 1040 Modernized e-file with the IRS.  I was hoping to get an info on how to get my EFIN registered to address the error.   

0 Cheers
egerolacpa
Level 2

@IRonMaNBased on my Tax Prep Credentials, I do have a valid EFIN.  I also checked the IRS e-services and my EFIN is valid. 

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@egerolacpa wrote:

The error stems from the fact that my EFIN is not registered to e-file 1040 Modernized e-file with the IRS.  

Then it sounds like you did not check off the box 1040 for the types of return you will be submitting with the EFIN when you applied for it.  You may like to check your Application Summary and see that 1040 is listed under Provider Option(s), if you had a copy of that printed out.  Otherwise, log into your e-services account and check what you have been authorized as an ERO.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
egerolacpa
Level 2

@itonewbie  thank you.  I checked my Application Summary with the IRS e-services and confirmed that the form 1040 is listed and "accepted". 

It seems my case is special.  Everything checked out and especially that Intuit says my EFIN is approved.  

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Hmmm, then it sounds like only the IRS e-services helpdesk will be able to help you.

Still an AllStar
egerolacpa
Level 2

@itonewbieI did call the IRS E-Services and they issued me a new EFIN.  I'll submit the new documents to Intuit to verify my new EFIN and will retransmit to IRS.  Will update. 

itonewbie
Level 15

Hope you get this resolved soon.  Good luck, @egerolacpa!

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

Since the IRS is issuing a new one it doesn't really matter because you can't do anything else to the info, however, my first year of preparing returns, I transposed a number in my EFIN on the account set-up screen in the software and my first 6 bounced back with that message. Took a minute to figure that one out.:)

0 Cheers