Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Reject Codes R0000-194 and R0000-932-02

sharon1
Level 2

Is there a special IRS practitioner's hotline to assist return preparers in resolving return reject codes and/or to recommend next steps? The phone number to call that is on the reject notice is the general 1040 line that everyone calls in to and you can't get through.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

another return was filed under than SSN...you need to paper file, you cant fix this over the phone.

Did you ask your clients if they happened to use the Non filer site to get the stimulus?  If so, heres what IRS says to correct that situation

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/amended-eip-return

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

12 Comments 12
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
0 Cheers
sharon1
Level 2

Thanks! I goggled that, too, and got the same posts that came up for you. My question was whether anyone knew of a special practitioners hotline to help in resolving issues of this nature.

0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

Sorry. I got ya. I misunderstood. I don't know off hand on that one.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

another return was filed under than SSN...you need to paper file, you cant fix this over the phone.

Did you ask your clients if they happened to use the Non filer site to get the stimulus?  If so, heres what IRS says to correct that situation

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/amended-eip-return

sharon1
Level 2

Thanks for that info, Lisa! I know that she did receive her stimulus check already. So, I will ask if she used the online tool at all. I read the article you sent a link to. Thanks!

BrooklynAcct
Level 2

More than likely the client went to an IRS portal to apply for stimulus benefits rather than just letting them arrive. In doing so, they in effect filed a mini return and so when filing the regular return received error messages that the return was already filed.

This happened twice to me this year. Never before in the past. First time I was on the phone with the IRS for days and filed a Form 14039 concerning identity theft. Second time I just had the client sign the returns and I mailed them for her. I wrote the rejection codes at the top of the return

sharon1
Level 2

Thanks! I had her file manually today.

0 Cheers
Taraiffick
Level 1

How do I fix this problem

0 Cheers
Taraiffick
Level 1

Ur basically saying I need to print and sign to mail in a paper copy of return?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If the return is being rejected due to a return in that SSN already being filed, yes, you need to print, sign and mail the return in for processing.

Now if the client used the non-filer site to get the EIP/stimulus (even though it warned them NOT to do so if they had a filing requirement), then you need to follow the instructions from IRS.
https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/amended-eip-return#:~:text=You%20must%20complete%20and%20print,the%20IR....

Doonie_
Level 1

I got rejection code R0000-932-02.  Don't know how to fix what's wrong

Have tried several times. Please help.

0 Cheers
Fletcher
Level 3

How do you clear the red reject notification on PS Basic file listing?  Does it impact future filings in PS?  Is there a need to clear it?

0 Cheers