Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return not transmitted

Hub
Level 4

For the past few days I have a 1040 return that will not transmit either the federal or the state to Intuit.  It says "Return not transmitted"

I have rerun the review, rerun the conversion and still will not go through.  Any suggestions short of calling support.  NO error codes at all.  I have run update refresh etc. without success.

Any suggestions?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

13 Comments 13
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Is this the first 1040 youve tried to file?   Be sure youve got this box checked in the firm/preparer info area.

ptinverify.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Hub
Level 4

I have been filing without issue for weeks now.  The box is checked for PTIN verified.  This is the first time I have had an issue

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
weird, that ptin verify box was creating that same situation, but sounds like thats not your issue.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Are you trying to Efile from the EFCenter or from within the return?

0 Cheers
Hub
Level 4

I always have e-filed from the E File Center.  Should I try filing from the return?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I thought I remembered people having weird issues filing from within the return in past years, I always file from the EFCenter too...so it converts, but just wont transmit?

0 Cheers
Hub
Level 4

Yes that is the case.  And there are no errors in the returns.  

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@IntuitBettyJo   I feel like Ive seen this issue before in the past, my brain is coming up empty on what could be the cause though, got any ideas?

IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Checking with our ProSeries team to see what I find. 

-Betty Jo 

0 Cheers
LakeLife
Level 2

I've got the exact same thing happening right now. I have been e-filing without any problems all season and today, I get the same "Return Not Transmitted" message with the red finger.

0 Cheers
Hub
Level 4

Today after a considerable time on the phone with support we solved the problem.  What we finally did was save the return with a different number in my case or you could use a different name.  Then opened the new return and ran all the normal protocols, review etc. Then went to EF center and filed it.  Wala!  It transmitted.  So the issue was the file must have been corrupted somehow.  Support is saying it might be the virus software, but I doubt that since I use Microsoft Office 365 with the virus software of theirs and have never had an issue and have file dozens of returns already, both before and after this return.

So try saving your file as another and then use that file to transmit.

Good Luck

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I wondered if saving as a different file name would do anything...not sure how or why it would, but Im glad you got it fixed!

0 Cheers
jofijohnjoseph
Level 7
Level 7

This solution worked for me as well when I was able to file a state return for a client, but the federal return kept stalling with "Return not transmitted" error showing.

0 Cheers