Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

retrun changed after efiling by intuit

Liesal
Level 4

I efiled a client return last nite. It was accepted. When I opened file this am i was greeted with a message that said numbers had changed since efiling.

I had not changed anything.  The system seemed to have changed  the additional RRC was removed.   Taxpayer is below the threshold and by my calculations RRC as originally file d  was correct.

I guess I am wondering what prompted this " auto update" on intuits part and why it seems to be incorrect

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
3Wishes
Level 1

Have just come across the same issue.  I see no replies.  Did you come up with any reason for this?

0 Cheers
Liesal
Level 4

no not yet

I have had this happen maybe once before I believe last year.  It involved form 8829 and the qbi deduction.  I assumed at the time some reg or rules had changed after i filed .It was immaterial so i ignored. 

But now it has happened again and this time the change doesnt appear correct.  I certainly would not amend for something I dont think is right.

0 Cheers
PGREGORIOU
Level 1

The same issue happend to me.  I efiled a return yesterday and it was accepted. 
When I opened it up today it said that the numbers have changed.  I looked at the changes and it has to do with the Rebate credit.  I am not sure why or what to do about it.

Can anyone help?

0 Cheers
TAXOH
Level 11
Liesal
Level 4

i just opened a return today and got the message and yes it was the rrc.,  but i already claimed it...?  I will look at follow message

0 Cheers
Liesal
Level 4

thank you

did this come through as an alert also?

3 weeks and program not updated or question answered.

NOw I am also having clarinets call with where is my refund and other forums have suggested it has to do with rrc.  I think this is somehow related

0 Cheers

We are aware that ProSeries 2020 e-filed 1040 returns with the Recovery Rebate Credit are displaying the messaging, “ProSeries has detected that the amounts calculated in this return have changed since the return was e-filed.” We are currently investigating the root cause for this message relating to the Recovery Rebate Credit amount. At this time all information indicates that the returns filed with the Recovery Rebate Credit amount were filed with the correct original amount entered and returns impacted by this will still show the correct Recovery Rebated Credit amount on line 30 of Form 1040. The message produced by the program appears to be erroneous and we will update this with more information as it becomes available.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"did this come through as an alert also?"

3 weeks ago.

"3 weeks and program not updated or question answered."

This question has been answered a bunch of times in the past three weeks and the link to that notice was an alert (flagged with the !) at the top of every page on this forum for about a week. Just like there is a link there right now, but that doesn't make people use it.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers