Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repayment of excess advance premium tax credit

LB56
Level 3

Can someone please tell me how to get rid of the excess advance premium tax credit repayment as authorized in the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021? ProSeries told me that form had been updated the same time as the unemployment form, but I'm not seeing it and the penalty/repayment is still there?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

12 Comments 12
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

As soon as IRS has updated their forms and systems for this, Intuit will as well...its gonna be a few weeks Im sure.

Not sure how Proseries told you that, none of the software programs have been updated for it yet.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm not sure who told you that since I don't believe the IRS has updated their side of it yet.  You just have to patiently sit with the rest of us on the bench.

Slava Ukraini!
LB56
Level 3

Who told me was Customer Service at ProSeries yesterday morning when I called and asked them she said "oh that was updated at the same time as the unemployment -- maybe your updates aren't working" !!

dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

maybe the rep was talking about the query to find applicable affected returns. That1099-g query also lists the returns that have the Premium Tax Credit

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

@LB56 I think @dd4vols is likely correct.  If @Just-Lisa-Now-  and @IRonMaN do not have it figured out  yet its not likely the Intuit PS telephone operators have a correct answer as of yet either.  

I like a challenge, but I would also like to finish some things up.  Not yet.

"Thank you sir, may I have another! Thank you sir, may I have another! Thank you sir, may I have another!" 

KarmaD
Level 1

Did you find the answer to this.  

I can't get the excess premium tax credit to recalculate based on the new tax law either?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
IRS hasnt offered guidance on how this should be done, so the software hasnt been updated for this yet.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
terrycpa
Level 3

ProSeries updated this afternoon and removes the 8962.  The form still populates, but it doesn't carry forward to Schedule 2.  IRS still hasn't published guidance as of this moment.

bethlynnkelly
Level 2

I’m fully updated with ProSeries and I’m still getting an error message for form 8962, the repayment amount flashes red, and says the software is still being updated to exclude the repayment. The excess is indeed not showing up on schedule 2, line 2, and it’s not being added to the 1040 BUT review still says I can not efile with the error on form 8962 of a repayment listed. ProSeries won’t allow me to exclude form 8962 if form 1095-A is entered. HELP!!! Desperate...

0 Cheers
LB56
Level 3

I've done a few of those and I never got an error message. Sounds like you need to call ProSeries.

0 Cheers
Lee Peters
Level 1

I am experiencing the same problem, and I believe my program is current.  Are you still experiencing the Error or have you been able to e-file the return?

0 Cheers
bethlynnkelly
Level 2

Proseries keeps adding the waived repayment amount to the total that taxpayer paid for self employed health insurance premiums! Even if you don't have it hooked up to a schedule C, the 1095-a numbers that flow to the Schedule A medical worksheet INCLUDE the waived repayment amount.  HELP!!  Is this correct???

0 Cheers