Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal

taxes96786
Level 9

I am trying to renew. I updated my payment method after receiving an email. I am in Hawaii so when I call the office is closed. I can't get a program download because the only option showing is to call for renewal.

Please don't respond by telling me to call earlier. I responded to the email request to update my payment method but have gotten no response. I need real help.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

32 Comments 32
IRonMaN
Level 15

I’m not sure what you want from us since dealing with the sales department is your only solution.  You don’t want anybody to tell you to call earlier but that is your only option.

Slava Ukraini!
taxes96786
Level 9

I was hoping for help from an employee who has an inside tract.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Track, not tract. Employees don't frequent this forum enough to expect any rapid response. 

Irregardless, the 2020 program is so buggy now that I wouldn't worry about it right now. The office is open 6am to 3pm PST, so my time zone map for your zip code would tell me that it was open when you posted the question. 

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/order-products-from-intuit/help/how-to-contact-proseries-for...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
taxes96786
Level 9

Hawaii is three hours behind PST..I called before I posted they were closed.

And yes I also checked all the available support sites before I posted.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Isn't 3:00 p.m. Pacific time noon in Hawaii?  Can't you call on your lunch break?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
itonewbie
Level 15

Hmmm, do we get better treatment from Intuit the further we are ahead of or behind TX time?  If so, I should definitely stake a claim to that!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

Based on what *I* know, you'd win - hands down.

( Generic Comment )"
taxes96786
Level 9

No, my morning hours are not flexible

0 Cheers
taxes96786
Level 9

my fingers sometimes create typos

0 Cheers
taxes96786
Level 9

On the flipside...I get 3 extra hours to file returns on the deadline date. I can wait until 9pm my time to file and not be competing with the westcoast online

qbteachmt
Level 15

"And yes I also checked all the available support sites before I posted."

But this community is Peer Users. It's not a portal to Intuit Employees.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
abctax55
Level 15

I wasn't aware there was a competition to be able to efile close to the deadline. 

( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

I try to stay as far away as possible from those kinds of deadlines so you won't see me wearing one of those t-shirts that they give to all of the competition participants.

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

I knew I'd seen this posted on the forum Last Month. You might take note of the info provided, and put something on the calendar for later in 2021:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/reminder-for-our-prose...

0 Cheers
sjescher
Level 3

Thanks for the link.  I didn't have a problem since I've already received the update, but I accessed the link out of curiosity, and also updated my payment method for next year.

0 Cheers
sjescher
Level 3

I live in Hawaii, too (Honolulu).  I end up calling the mainland at odd hours.  Apparently, Intuit doesn't think they need to be 24/7.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

"Apparently, Intuit doesn't think they need to be 24/7."

Do you have somebody standing by in your office 24/7 --------------- just in case a client has a life or death emergency because they realize they can't find their W-2 at 3:00 in the morning?  

We choose to live where we want.  If that happens to be a place that makes things a little more inconvenient for us, we need to adjust our lifestyle instead of expecting everyone else to adjust theirs.

Slava Ukraini!
sjescher
Level 3

Thank you.  You are exactly right.  I make adjustments to accommodate the time difference.  I just don't know why the person who asked the question had a problem with having to call the sales department.  I know there are times that I'd rather get an automated opportunity rather than have to talk to somebody.

IRonMaN
Level 15

"I just don't know why the person who asked the question had a problem with having to call the sales department."

I think they will find Jimmy Hoffa and Amelia Earhart before anybody finds the answer to that question 😀

Slava Ukraini!
sjescher
Level 3

Funny!

taxes96786
Level 9

My post was not addressed to you, but to someone who could be helpful. I have seen many "employee" posts on this site and was hoping someone could explain why the renewal couldn't still be done automatically after I responded to the email asking that I update my purchase option.

I didn't "choose" to live here. I was fortunate enough to be born here. Would you choose to move out of Paradise?

If you can't be helpful then why waste your time by being rude?

0 Cheers
sjescher
Level 3

Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude.

s

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

@sjescher 

You weren't rude.

( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

I think she was referring to me.  I’m kinda baffled why she doesn’t just use the phone number that she used to use to call in all of those programming changes she used to have Intuit make.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

@IRonMaN   😂

( Generic Comment )"
taxes96786
Level 9

@IRonMaN for the same reason why so many of us are complaining about the lack of customer service that we used to receive before Intuit got so unconcerned about customer needs.

0 Cheers
taxes96786
Level 9

@sjescher no...it wasn't you.  The offender knows who he was and now that I know how to use the @

sign I will post more directly in the future.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"and now that I know how to use the @

sign I will post more directly in the future."

Uh oh; I guess I owe everyone a big apology for helping with that...I didn't expect it to be weaponized.

Now that you know how to submit suggestions, it would be nice if you keep your complaints about their programs to their suggestion function. That way, the peer users can get on with using the tools and helping each other use them.

Posting in a peer community to complain to peer users, isn't how to get along with peers. Just because you occasionally see an "Intuit" username or badge, you should realize they are Not Here as customer support. It is very likely they are reading everything and ignoring most of it, because there is no intent for this to be a customer support portal; they intend it to be peer users. It might help if you consider that the Intuit people as Lurking. Calling them out with the @ sign doesn't make them jump higher. Posting in the peer community about something Intuit is not doing, isn't going to get the attention of Intuit.

But you can always Ask your Peers how to do something you seem to be struggling with, because that is the point of a Peer Community.

abctax55
Level 15

Michele, check your email 🙂

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
sjescher
Level 3

Thanks for clarification.  If we have a suggestion for Intuit, where can it be posted?

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"If we have a suggestion for Intuit, where can it be posted?"

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/accounting/help/providing-enhancement-suggestions-for-proser...

sjescher
Level 3

Thanks for the link.  Apparently, I should have known if I had looked around the Proseries menu.