Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal Quote

dascpa
Level 11

Just got my annual renewal quote email.  Can't open it as there is an Intuit software error. But (a) 6 days after April 15th and (b) the email highlight is "Enhanced customer support".  Uh, where?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

14 Comments 14
abctax55
Level 15

Really, really bodes well for the future stability of the product, of customer service, of Intuit in general doesn't it.

I'd jump ship so fast if I weren't too exhausted from the tax season from hell, 2nd edition.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

I just got this (and deleted it) too:

We know that tax year 2020 has been more challenging—and longer—than you expected. But we want you to know we’re thinking about ways to help you succeed as you finish tax year 2020 and plan for tax year 2021.

Your personalized invoice package will be mailed soon and will
offer detailed information about enhancements to your ProSeries software. Highlights include:

• 142 forms and 37 e-filing types: Visit the forms finder
  • ProSeries Tool Hub: Quickly resolve common system
    issues and errors
  • Enhanced customer support: Both one-on-one and self-service
  • ProSeries Tax Idea Exchange: Vote on future product enhancements
  • HomeBase: Seven powerful enhancements

Printing updates: Preview a return and select the pages
you want to print

142 forms - but after a couple of centuries of asking, is anybody taking any wagers on form 5227 being available?

Enhanced customer support - sounds like they want us to answer questions here faster next year.

ProSeries tool hub - Quickly resolve common system issues and errors - hopefully it works as well next year as it did this year for those folks that had the system constantly shutting down.

Tax idea exchange - throw your money down the wishing well and if you get 60,000 other people to agree that it's a good idea.................... we just might think about it.

Homebase powerful enhancements - evidently it is going to be able to leap tall buildings and run faster than a speeding bullet --------- wait, I think that's Superman ------ I'm not sure what they mean.

Printing updates - Preview a return and select the pages you want to print ----------- but will it still be in gibberish for my Minnesota returns like it has been this year.

Slava Ukraini!
rbynaker
Level 13

There were clearly significant enhancements to customer support this year.  To name a few:  Camp1040, chasetax, dkh, LG-CPA, pamdory, PATAX and, of course you, dascpa.  I'm sure there are several I'm missing but I had to quit reading every thread this year like I normally do.  Every year we have two or three who drift in and decide to stay but this year has brought out by far the biggest crop of new helpful peers that we've seen in a long time!

dascpa
Level 11

If I qualify as ProSeries customer Support and am being advertised as such - where's my paycheck (or at least discount) from ProSeries?

rbynaker
Level 13

I hear they pay you double if you join the Champ program!  Let me get my calculator . . . 2 x 0 =

IRonMaN
Level 15

I don't care if they provide you with free software and a free Lamborghini, I'm not selling my soul to them.

As a side note, some of those names you posted didn't suddenly appear this year, they have been around for awhile.  Maybe you saw them taking a test drive of one of those Intuit Lamborghinis and that's what caught your eye. 🏎

Slava Ukraini!
dascpa
Level 11

In case anyone cares price is up 5.17% from 2020.  The first invoice I saved (still in my computer) was from 2005 - $3,191.20.  For 2021 it's $7,053.00 and that's with no add-ons (like Link, or e-sig or other).  That's 121% over 16 years or 7.56% per year average price increase.  Hmm, my client prices have not kept pace.....

IRonMaN
Level 15

That's odd, mine went down 7.2% this year.  I wonder why mine is down and yours is up?

Slava Ukraini!
dascpa
Level 11

Seriously?

IRonMaN
Level 15

Or maybe I'm just not very good with numbers ------------------- mine is the same as yours 😁

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

The AllStars tried to get a discount.

Ex-AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

And, we are now ex-AllStars, etc.

And it's been a while since we've been offered any of that incredibly valuable free SWAG  /S

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

We did get a token couple of bucks knocked off once or twice ---------------- a long time ago in a galaxy, far, far away.  But we were sworn to secrecy to never reveal it.  I guess since the AllStar status no longer applies, secrets also no longer apply.

Slava Ukraini!
Taxes-by-Rocky
Level 7

I'm sure I will renew.....but I'd like some communication as to the delay in processing client payments for the 2020 returns.  Given the state of the IRS and the tasks it has been charged with (as of late) I suspect it was more the Treasury's fault than Intuit's.  Nonetheless, some statement that the delay in processing exists would be helpful (from either source).

And yes, the 5227 would simply be the icing on the cake.