Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

removing rejects from E-file center

ejdtaxman
Level 7

Hey ladies and gents 

Just have a little annoying issue with the E-file center and wondering if there is a way to fix. 

Certain clients keep showing up in the E-file center and I cannot get rid of them even after (as far as I can tell) I scour any remnant of e-filing from their file. 

For instance: I was unable to file a client's 4868 back in May due to an error with spouse's SSN not matching the name control database. This error has since been resolved and I filed the 1040 and state return successfully. Yet, after unchecking the box to e-file the 4868, deleting the 4868 and all related forms, the rejected file still appears in the EF center.

It's ultimately not that big of a deal, just annoys me as it sometimes throws me off and makes me think there's something I might have missed, as this occurs for several clients. 

If there is a fix, please let me know? thanks as always

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

I have a couple of returns in the same situation as yours.  I took a few minutes one day to play around with them doing everything I could do to make them disappear.  Nothing helped.  I just learned to live with it and curse Intuit anytime I see those returns sitting in the e-file center.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

19 Comments 19
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Weird, all my rejects cleared and disappeared once the return was fixed and accepted or the EF boxes unchecked for paper filing.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
ejdtaxman
Level 7

yes very weird and kind of making me go tilt. 

I e-filed the return but extension keeps populating in EF center even after i removed 4868 from the client. 

happened with another clients state extension, the exact same thing. quite vexing

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

In client info worksheet, scroll down to part Vl, and uncheck box "file form 4868" hope that works

ejdtaxman
Level 7

please read above more carefully. 

I did this already and it has not worked. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

I have a couple of returns in the same situation as yours.  I took a few minutes one day to play around with them doing everything I could do to make them disappear.  Nothing helped.  I just learned to live with it and curse Intuit anytime I see those returns sitting in the e-file center.

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

I have the same situation with an extension that WILL NOT GO AWAY.    I'm careful to skip over it when I'm efiling returns.  

davidwashington
Level 3

Definite solution

1. First go to Efile reports and make a pdf of the rejection incase you are later questioned

2. Open file, uncheck all e-file boxes such as EFILE Extension, Efile returns, etc.

3. Form 8879 and Efile 4868 worksheets should be clear now.   CHeck by pressing F6 to see if Efile for extension is now gone, and F6 8879 for that form, and Form 8453 if you had attachements.    All efile should be clear now.

4. go to menu bar, chose SAVE AS.   It will default to same file name, OK, overright the existing file.

5. Close return.   It will disappear from Efile center.   

I've tested this and it works - I had quite a few for various reasons not go through (usually all but one or two, this year weird - multiple).

Marc Garrett
Level 2

Did not work

0 Cheers
Marc Garrett
Level 2

That did not work either -  sorry. Still in the rejected returns list.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I just open the return and uncheck the EF boxes on the Fed Info worksheet, make sure you open the state return after unchecking those EF boxes then Save and Exit, that will remove the entire return from the EFCenter but keep the file in your regular HB view..

IRonMaN
Level 15

I did have one that bounced this year that was on extension.  It was still lingering as a rejection in the EF center but I just went back into the return for the heck of it.  The return e-file boxes were not checked.  However, once I "unchecked" the extension e-file box, the rejection disappeared.  Out of curiosity, I went back in to click the extension e-file box and it reappeared.  But if I unchecked it one more time, it once again disappeared.  Weird stuff, but we are talking Intuit so nothing is ever weird enough to be shocking.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

yea, as long as any EF boxes are checked, the rejection message reanimates.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

But back when this post first started, I had returns that weren't on extension, that had no boxes checked, and still showed up as a rejection in the EF center.  I'm not sure if something has changed since then or if sometimes you are just lucky and the rejections don't haunt you forever.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I think my OCD has basically given up, those red rejection messages sitting in the EFCenter really dont bother me as much as they used to!

0 Cheers
ejdtaxman
Level 7

I've gone in and cleared the e-file boxes repeatedly and they still persist in the EF center. It's irritating to see them there, but I just learned to live with it since it doesn't really impact anything. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

something related to EF is still checked somewhere, be it an extension or a payment or something and you have to jump over to any state/city/FBar thats connected prior to saving and exiting or it will still remain in the EFCenter

0 Cheers
Marc Garrett
Level 2

Did that (many times) does not remove the return from the Rejected EF list

IRonMaN
Level 15

"something related to EF is still checked somewhere"

No it wasn't.  I am positive of that.  

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
ejdtaxman
Level 7

I'm also 100% positive. I actually just opened one of these clients to make sure I'm not going crazy, and I  unchecked a box on the 4868 where it says the client is out of the country (I had already taken it off Part VII in the info worksheet and unfrozen the box in 4868). Despite following all of these steps the rejected extension STILL APPEARS in the EF Center. 

Like I said I've given up trying to fix it at this point, it doesn't stop me from filing the return and the filing deadline has passed so whatever's been rejected is irrelevant for me at this point. It was bothering me at the time but I don't really care anymore.