Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rejected tax returns e-filed

Lizzy58
Level 1

Several returns of mine are getting rejected. Reason for the rejection is the return was already filed.  Is this fraud or errors on Proseries.  I have only e-filed less than 10 returns and 60% were rejected due to already e-filed.  Contact taxpayer to get a pin?  I do not want to have them mail their returns.  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Can be a lot of reasons..... fraud, yes but also dependent return previously filed claiming exemption, one TP files MFS without other’s knowledge.   

start asking your client questions 

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
Lizzy58
Level 1

These early ones I have filed are all single and have been for at least 3 years.  This is just too coincidental that I have received so many rejections.  Does proseries have the COVID?  

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Your computer system might.

Ex-AllStar
Ernie
Level 9

If I had that many I would call the e-file help desk and review the returns with them.  Then you may have to contact different agencies if there is identity theft.  I would not wait on this but make it my highest priority.

Dusty Ernie

Lizzy58
Level 1

I did call.  Of course, they don't work weekends yet.  Plan on calling Monday.

0 Cheers
Jim3414
Level 1

I am also getting this error message on a few tax returns.

I have received the message for a child's tax return. The parent went through with

no problems. It is happening on some but not all returns. Has Intuit located the problem?

I have also gotten the message that a parent has filed claiming a child when that hasn't also happened..

0 Cheers