Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rejected California Returns

Hub
Level 4

I have a California return that has been rejected by California.  Have talked to ProSeries three times already and now have another call and awaiting a return.  The issue is with the following error message that they can't figure out.

SCHCA/NR-064 Schedule CA

The reject keeps stating that they apologize for the inconvenience and the product release scheduled for February 11th was supposed to fix.  Didn't happen.

This return basically has normal items on the CA page, including SE tax adjustment, SE Health Insurance, SEP contribution, and an IRA that is disallowed by CA due to the Cares Act change by the feds.  The software shows it as "disallowed" which is right but nobody seems to be able to figure out the problem.  They say to file on paper!!!!  That's not for California for CPA's and not acceptable at all.

Need a solution

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Several people have had CA NR rejections due to the healthcare box not being marked (it doesnt flag that its necessary) but if you open the Healthcare Worksheet and check YES, that seems to fix it.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Hub
Level 4

That is not the case.  The healthcare box has been checked yes all along.  Something else is wrong.  Just got off the phone with my 4th support person and we are again waiting to see if it comes back with a rejection again.

0 Cheers
FMS1
Level 1

I am having the same issue.  Has anyone been able to fix this problems or get a solution from Proseries?

0 Cheers
IntuitBrittneyS
Intuit Alumni

Hi @FMS1 we are aware of the issue and our developers are currently investigating. Here is the News & Updates post to follow as we find out more: "Federal Return Not Valid" rejection in ProSeries
Thanks!

-Brittney

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
@FMS1 Youve added onto a post from over a year ago about CA healthcare....is that really what youre asking about?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers