Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refunds

ret
Level 2

I am having several people not receiving their refunds like a month after they have been received by the IRS. Is anyone else seeing delays in some refunds?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alfredo1967
Level 3

I am having the same problem. I did notice that when I e-file some of these returns, the new question on Schedulel 1: "Additional Income and Adjustments" was not answer and we were able to e-file the returns anyway. Could this be delaying these returns?

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

Little things like EIC are going to slow down the refunds as the IRS attempts to slow down fraud.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ive only had one complaint, and I'm guessing hes going to be hit with an ID verification letter.

He didnt file in 2018, he was on disability all year, but he worked in 2019 and qualified for HOH, EIC and ACTC so Im sure its been flagged as possible fraud.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Alfredo1967
Level 3

I am having the same problem. I did notice that when I e-file some of these returns, the new question on Schedulel 1: "Additional Income and Adjustments" was not answer and we were able to e-file the returns anyway. Could this be delaying these returns?

0 Cheers
RandyAZ
Level 3

Client just received a notice from IRS that the two W2's sent with the return were insufficient to determine that excess social security was withheld.  The W2's in PS are completely correct.  Faxed the two W2's to IRS.  First time for that request in 45 years of practice.