Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund not being processed

doingtaxes
Level 2

I have 2 clients that their 2019 returns were filed 4/15/20 and 4/17/20 electronically with an acknowledgment from ProSeries of acceptance and they still have not received their federal refunds yet (6/3/20).  They were both setup for direct deposit.  One client has checked on their refund on the IRS website and it just says the return is being processed.  Anyone else having this issue?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I called PPS a couple weeks ago on 2 of my returns that were stuck like that "in processing", all they could tell me is that they were in review and if the clients hadnt seen anything from IRS in the next 30 days, to call back....one finally got their refund on Tuesday...havent heard from the other client yet.

Yuo can try calling PPS, if youre the preparer and 3rd party designee they will look up the status of up to 5 clients per phone call.

https://www.irs.gov/tax-professionals/practitioner-priority-service-r

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dkh
Level 15

I have 3 clients with refunds in limbo.  Acceptance dates 03/26, 04/08, 04/11.   I called the Practitioner line last week was told same as @Just-Lisa-Now --- Wait.  I was told no letters have not been sent yet, still very little staff available.