Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery Rebate Credit Worksheet

nytcpa2012
Level 4

Have client who died Sept 2020. He got the $1,200 only.  1st had to work around the software wanting to give him the other $600 for the 2nd round.  While I was able to get that part to zeros, there are 2 boxes in lines 3 and 4 that aren't working properly as far as I can tell. 

#3 asks if member of armed forces in 2020 and have valid ss#. Answered yes, but both that box and the 'no' box remain pink and are considered errors.

#4 same problem. answered yes (valid ss#) but both boxes are still pink.

I hope I'm missing something but if not, need an update in the software!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If he died in 2020, hes entitled to both RRC amounts.

If he got the first 1200, you enter that on Line 16, if he didnt get the second, you enter 0 on Line 19.  You shouldnt have to fiddle with the other lines.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
nytcpa2012
Level 4

CORRECTION to post. if it matters, line 3 was answered no, not yes.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If he died in 2020, hes entitled to both RRC amounts.

If he got the first 1200, you enter that on Line 16, if he didnt get the second, you enter 0 on Line 19.  You shouldnt have to fiddle with the other lines.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
qbteachmt
Level 15

"CORRECTION to post. if it matters, line 3 was answered no, not yes"

Are you dealing with someone having SSN that is not marked as valid for work? Or, doesn't have a SSN?

There is no one that would be subject to a Split between EIP 1 and EIP2. There is nothing variable about 2020; it's either Yes or No, they qualify. Not by month of death.

Perhaps it would help to review what is really happening:

The funds were paid out as Advanced payment against a projection. The projection used 2018 or 2019 tax returns. But 2020 is the Actuals. You use the 2020 return to reconcile what a person is entitled to, against what they got.

It might help you to refresh the qualifications for stimulus/impact credits/Payments:

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payment-information-center-topic-a-eip-eligibility

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/second-eip-faqs#Eligibility

One for each EIP.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
nytcpa2012
Level 4

Thanks for that info.  seems weird but okey-dokey.  However, I'm still having the problem with the questions 3 and 4, both boxes still pink. 

0 Cheers