Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery Rebate Credit Problem

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Received my and my wife's 6475 letters yesterday. Total amount we actually received was 405.44...which as a total rounds down to 405. The IRS sends 2 letters showing 202.72 each - which both round to 203.

If I report 405 instead of 406 am I going to get a delay on processing my refund... err..payment?

I sure a heck don't want to give those greedy bas***ds an extra $1.

13 Comments 13
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

The IRS general instructions say to add up amounts, then round before you enter it on the actual tax form.  So I would assume that is what you should do.

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Here I go trying to be funny on a Saturday Morning and Taxguybill takes me seriously!

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

LOL, yeah, I tend to take things at face-value unless I think about it.  Plus I didn't notice that it was you.

IRonMaN
Level 15

It's not Bill's fault.  Today is Serious Saturday, so he was just following the rules 😀

Slava Ukraini!
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

@TaxGuyBill wrote:

LOL, yeah, I tend to take things at face-value unless I think about it.  Plus I didn't notice that it was you.

hahahah!!! 😂🤣

joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

Help.  Relatively new here.  Is Serious Saturday monthly?  If so, how often is this monthly event?  Once every 5 or 6 months, again?

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

Since today is Serious Saturday, I'd like to start a new vote, to allow giving Super Kudos, which counts a Five Kudos in one vote.  How do I start? 

IRonMaN
Level 15

It's the 4th Saturday of the 1st, 7th, and 13th month of the year.

Slava Ukraini!
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

What if the 4th Saturday of the 7th month falls on July 4th?  Wouldn't it make the day too solemn?

IRonMaN
Level 15

Then we move it to February 30th.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

I'm surprised that word did not get completely bleeped out... The dirty word voice recognition system here is pretty good and even when you try to cover it up it doesn't work.

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Censor doesn't work weekends.?

PATAX
Level 15

We have to work weekends,  and since we are indirectly paying the salary of Mr. or Mrs. Sensor de Computer,  why don't they work on weekends?....👎👎👎 that's for Sensor...😉🐕👍

0 Cheers