Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover rebate credit for 23 yr old

Maryl
Level 1

Proseries basic is calculating a credit for a 23 yr old dependent college student.  The child tax credit is not checked and this is the only dependent.  The dependent is listed in the first dependent box.  There were 3 sons at one point but two have aged out and are no longer dependents.  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
itonewbie
Level 15

Maybe an obvious question but did you verify that PS has the correct DoB for this student on the parents' return?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Delete the entire "line" for the dependent by right-clicking, then select delete line.

Do it again for the top blank space.

Re-enter the dependent.

Mohamed
Level 3

Fix it manually if you need to, I had a client with 2 dependants over 17 as soon as I removed one of them the recovery rebate calculate credit for the second one (19 years), so I had to adjust it manually by multiplying $500 * # of dependant remaining. 

0 Cheers