Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recent update and exempt unemployment

vscpanm
Level 5

The PTC error was fixed in an update last night 05-05-21. now when I enter unemployment, they no longer show up as a reduction on schedule 1. Is this an error caused by the update? Very frustrated.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@vscpanm wrote:

The PTC error was fixed in an update last night 05-05-21.

now when I enter unemployment, they no longer show up as a reduction on schedule 1. Is this an error caused by the update? Very frustrated.

Actually, they "fixed" the easy thing and completely screwed up another.  If a person is self employed and gets a PTC, the program no longer does the Iterative calculation.   It is much worse than before.

As for the unemployment exclusion, it is working fine on the tax return I am doing right now.  Is your client's income over the $150,000 threshold?

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@vscpanm wrote:

The PTC error was fixed in an update last night 05-05-21.

now when I enter unemployment, they no longer show up as a reduction on schedule 1. Is this an error caused by the update? Very frustrated.

Actually, they "fixed" the easy thing and completely screwed up another.  If a person is self employed and gets a PTC, the program no longer does the Iterative calculation.   It is much worse than before.

As for the unemployment exclusion, it is working fine on the tax return I am doing right now.  Is your client's income over the $150,000 threshold?

vscpanm
Level 5

Hah, I hadn't thought of the income limitation. I'll have to check. I actually was manually calculating the PTC SE issue anyway because I got tired of waiting for a fix. 

Thanks for that taxguyBill.  

0 Cheers