Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving Paid Preparer code does not match

borinquenfs
Level 3

Just finished loading the 2020 Proseries Software and I am receiving the following error:

Paid preparer code does not match any of the preparer codes entered in Firm/Preparer info.  I have 1 and it looks correct.  Not sure why I am receiving this error.  How do I correct this error?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
borinquenfs
Level 3

I am all set...sorry forgot to update the ERO info...did that and now the error disappear.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
borinquenfs
Level 3

I am all set...sorry forgot to update the ERO info...did that and now the error disappear.  Thanks.

TaxMaam
Level 3

My paid preparer code is working on all my other returns and does not need updating. I still get the "does not match" error message. How to fix?

Its also giving me this error twice. Like there's NOT 2 paid preparers here. Just me. 

0 Cheers
Intuitjhaze
Intuit Alumni

hey @TaxMaam are you still experiencing this issue? Keep us posted.

0 Cheers
JC63
Level 1

I get the Preparer Code does not match error almost daily, sometimes multiple times a day.  This has been going on for 2-3 years.  I re-enter all the information and it holds for a while and then, deletes again.  No consistency in how long. We operate on a network with a data server.  At two different times over the past couple years, I've spent the better part of a day each time with tech support, only to be told they can't figure it out.

Has this problem been solved for others? 

I see it periodically pops up on this board.

0 Cheers