Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PY ALLOC WS

sharon1
Level 2

I cannot clear these 5 errors to efile. Its coming from the PY Alloc WS. As soon as I jump to the next field (whether I hit enter, or tab, or my up/down arrows) another line comes up. And I can't clear it. Tried deleting. Does't work. Anyone ever had an issue like this?  *SEE IMAGE BELOW*

PY ALLOC WS.png

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
rbynaker
Level 13

You have to change it on the state portion of the W-2 Wks.

sharon1
Level 2

Thanks! I've done that already. State is showing no errors in final review. Federal is showing this 1 single error and I can't transmit the tax return. I don't want the line at all. But I can't delete the line. I can't override it. Can't zero or blank it out. When I do this another line automatically gets added. Where is there a phone number for support?

0 Cheers
sharon1
Level 2

I found the phone number for support. They are closed now. I'll call tomorrow.

0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13

Sometimes I've had to delete the PY Alloc Wks and start over.  Don't know how much data you have in there but if it's just a few entries you might try:

1) Use the W-2 Wks for the wage allocations

2) Delete the PY Alloc Wks

3) It should immediately and automatically created a new PY Alloc Wks based on your entries in the Fed Info Wks showing PY state info

4) Cross your fingers and see if there are still errors in wages . . .

0 Cheers
sharon1
Level 2

Thanks for responding. I tried that yesterday. Removed any references to state processing. Then, I cleared by cache. Finally added a state and went through the same process you described below. It could be a programming glitch. It's a NE state part-year resident return. I am taking a break from it. Will try again later. If that doesn't work, I'll give support a call when they open tomorrow.

Thanks ever so much for responding!

0 Cheers
bdb
Level 3

I have found that if you have a W2 that was carried forward from the previous year and not used this year, that if you delete that W2 it sometimes clears up that problem.

Accountant-Man
Level 12

Delete the entire py worksheet and start over. Double check your wages.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
sharon1
Level 2

I meant to come back to post a thank you message to all of you. The suggestion to delete the W-2 and re-enter it worked like a charm.

Hope everyone's July 15th was smooth sailing. I had a reject notice on a submission later in the evening that may well be identity theft. But that's a different discussion.

Thanks!

0 Cheers