Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing Prior Year e-Signatures

Is it even possible to purchase e-Signatures for 2019 Tax Returns right now for ProSeries 2020? I have a few clients I'd like to have sign before the MeF opening and to authorize the returns so come the opening I can just file them bad boys off the rip. 

When I try to request e-Signature in PS2019 it tells me I have to purchase more (I have some in 2020) and when I follow the link to purchase it tells me I can only purchase in PS2020 (I already have a number of them).

Help?

Thanks Intuit Family,

Louis S. Marchman

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

I just checked the FAQ's again and see that esignature only supports current year returns.  Unfortunately, that means you won't be able to use esignatures you purchase this year on prior year returns.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
itonewbie
Level 15

eSignature can be used for all current and prior year returns but your credits expire automatically on 12/31 of each year.  See "When will eSignature credits expire?" in the following article.

You should be able to use the credits purchased for TY2020.  In fact, it can even be used for signing other documents such as EL.  The reason you can't use the credit now is because eSignature is not available in the early releases.  See "When will eSignature be available in my program?" in the following article for more info.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/manage-integrations/help/intuit-esignature-faqs-resource-gui...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

Thank you as per usual, you're a big help. I'll check out the article. These are indeed freshly purchased eSignatures from this year, had a number of returns and eSignatures expire as we came into the year so I'm familiar with that whole deal, for what it is. 

thank you

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

NP, @Marchman Accounting!

Still an AllStar
itonewbie
Level 15

I just checked the FAQ's again and see that esignature only supports current year returns.  Unfortunately, that means you won't be able to use esignatures you purchase this year on prior year returns.

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers