Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS20: 2020 Schedule J Income Averaging for Farmers: Base Year Information Worksheet

The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

@IntuitAustin

PS20

2020 Schedule J Income Averaging for Farmers and Fishermen

go to: Base Year Information Worksheet

at: Part I Base Year Income Information

look at: Line 4, 2019 Form 1040, line 11b

The amount that is rolling from PS19 into column 19, line 4 of this 2020 worksheet is NOT 2019 Form 1040, line 11b.  Please explain.    

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

Closing the loop on this, it looks like this fix went out recently for ProSeries. 

Let us know if you have any questions!  

Cheers

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8
0 Cheers
IntuitCharlene

Thank you for tagging us in this issue. I have done some testing and it does seem like returns that had QBI deductions in the prior year may not be transferring the amount from 11b. I have submitted a request for our escalation team to look into this to see if the program is treating this correctly or not. If you feel this is incorrect per your research the program will let you change the amount on line 4 without needing an override. We'll let you know once our escalation team gets back to us. 

The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

@IntuitCharlene   I concur with your testing finding.  I assume it is a PS programming error as I find nothing in the Schedule J instructions to support the PS method of computing the amount on the worksheet.  Please let me know what you find out ASAP.  Thank you for your assistance in this important matter.  

0 Cheers
The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

@IntuitCharlene   just checking in to see if this is still under review

0 Cheers
IntuitCharlene

@The_AntiTax_Man I checked on the ticket with development and its still under investigation. I'll let you know as soon as I hear something. 

IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

Closing the loop on this, it looks like this fix went out recently for ProSeries. 

Let us know if you have any questions!  

Cheers