Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries Single Signon

gspearson
Level 1

Does anyone know if Proseries Tax Network Edition can take advantage of any Single Signon Resources like onelogin.com or with Microsoft Active Directory. 

I am looking to streamline one of my clients passwords to help with cutting down the sticky notes.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
itonewbie
Level 15

It may sound convenient but do you have complete trust in these apps without reservation now and forever?  Not me.

Even the most reputable software are known to have security flaws or, at least, vulnerabilities.  It's a cat and mouse game of whether the good guys discover them first and have the developers patched those up before the vulnerabilities get exploited by the bad guys.

Professionals who care about privacy (journalists come to mind) do not save their most valuable account details in these password managers.  There is definitely a use case for password managers but I just wouldn't use it on something as important as tax preparation software/account that could provide access to client details.

If there is one password I remember, the one for tax preparation would be it.

Just my two cents' that's worth much less, as usual.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
gspearson
Level 1

As a Managed Service Provider who is servicing companies that use ProSeries, I am just trying to make it easier on those companies who have multiple passwords on sticky notes because they have to change them every x amount of days.

I get that software is created by humans, and that humans have times where "Bugs" and such enter the code. Software does have bugs, and people will find them. But if I can help ease the password issues then everyone is happier. If schools can do this, why can't corporate America do this for their customers.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Everyone has a different tolerance for risks.  Also, not only do schools have a very different set of risk profile, they also don't have the same level of fiduciary responsibilities as tax professionals.

In case you are not familiar with the obligations the IRS and FTC impose on tax professionals, you would like to read through Publication 4557 so that you can help your client stay compliant.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p4557.pdf

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers