Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries Shutting Down

MikeB_CPA
Level 5

About 6 times this afternoon I have had ProSeries arbitrarily shut down.  Even saving my work about every minute, this has resulted in a significant amount of re-work.  Is anyone else dealing with this nonsense?  Given the ever increasing cost of this software, this certainly should not be happening at the peak of tax season.

Mike

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

23 Comments 23
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You must have missed the program alert yesterday about this (or was it the day before?).

Close ProSeries and restart the computer.

Open the Windows Programs menu and scroll down to ProSeries 2020 and use REPAIR UPDATES.

Now reopen ProSeries and see if you have any better luck.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
clr600
Level 8

The repair updates do not work

clr600
Level 8

My program has crashed 10 time sine 8am

ORLANDO

TAXOH
Level 11

I have closed down and restarted my computer twice and went to start, ProSeries, Repair Updates and it still is closing out randomly.

IRonMaN
Level 15

As if tax season wasn't challenging enough and now you have to deal with this.  Walmart only had an opening for one greeter when I applied, but you can have it if you want.  Sounds like you need it more than I do at the moment.

Slava Ukraini!
IRonMaN
Level 15
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ive been all good since yesterday when I used repair updates, and just now, my final client of the day it crashed and closed when switched from the state back to federal. 

Thankfully it recovered the file upon restart and I'm on a 1 minute auto save so I only lost a couple of entries.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
TAXOH
Level 11

No.  I've been too busy repairing updates, restarting my computer and reopening ProSeries.  LOL..  I'll check it out.  Thanks. 

TAXOH
Level 11

I haven't lost anything yet and it hasn't screwed anything up but it's annoying. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

I'll give you one last piece of advice ------------------ don't buy a lottery ticket this weekend 💸

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Worst possible time of the year for this to be happening... Thank God it hasn't happened to me yet... Good luck

Nanny
Level 1

Mike, I feel your pain. I did not miss the message and have used the fix from the start menu which Proseries suggested (several times) with no avail. I totally agree. We need to have some resolution and cost break. This is not acceptable. 

MikeB_CPA
Level 5

Yes, it has shut down 3 times already this morning.  Frustrating does not begin to tell the story, and then whenever they rollout an update there seems to be some unrelated issue!

artcpa
Level 2

I am also having this problem. Proseries has shut down on me several times over the last few days. I have restarted and refreshed updates and it did not fix the problem.

artcpa
Level 2

ProSeries is still crashing. The suggested fix of repairing updates and restarting do not work. Will someone from ProSeries please respond to this so that we know that they are aware of the problem and are working on it?

IRonMaN
Level 15

They have responded but there are too many of these posts to keep track of.  Some folks have solved the problem by running a Windows update.  Have you tried that?

Slava Ukraini!
clr600
Level 8

My Windows is up to date I have run update repairs and nothing work still shuts down at least 20 time a day.

PATAX
Level 15

Wow...... that is unbelievable... Good luck my friend

IRonMaN
Level 15

That really sucks ------------------- especially this year.

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

@artcpa I understand your frustration.  I'm experiencing this nonsense also.  I did a Windows update this morning, then the Tools Repair Update--- it has slowed the frequency of the crashes but not resolved it completely.   

IRonMaN
Level 15

@IntuitAustin 

@IntuitBettyJo 

This tax season has been absolutely miserable for 99% of the tax preparers.  And then having these folks suffering through this is terrible.  If Intuit wants these folks to use ProSeries next year you really need to look at giving some kind of substantial discounts to help with the pain they are going through.  Personally, if I had to go through these problems this year, I know I would be going elsewhere for my software next year.  You need to reach out to these folks now and let them know Intuit will do something to help make things right.

Slava Ukraini!
Christine Rep
Level 3

I've experienced crashes, random closing, and also a corrupted tax return.  For the corrupted tax return I went through having to re-install ProSeries and losing all of my original settings without being able to save the tax return.  The first tech support person I spent a half-hour with finally admitted that it was his first day before passing me on to someone new.  I don't appreciate ProSeries's disregard for my time this way.  A good part of a day was spent just dealing with all the fall-out of the corrupted tax return, which they never could explain - "just happens, sometimes".

dkh
Level 15

You hit the nail on the head......the disregard for our time.... that is what p%$$$ me off.   Time wasted restarting the program.   Time wasted installing a Repair Updates that DOES NOT WORK.